Mt. Batolusong is my mother mountain as it is the first mountain that I have climbed. It is beautiful and has three summits: 1. Duhatan Ridge 2. Mapatag Plateau 3. Rangyas Peak
The mountain is located at Tanay, Rizal and is dubbed as one of the mountains that is good for beginners. Guess what? The trail is not easy!! It is full of assault that makes it so tiring and difficult but after you pass through Duhatan Ridge, half of the trail going to Mapatag Plateau is mostly grassland slopes. Luckily, there are plenty of water sources in the mountain where you can stop by for a quick rest.
I wrote this post to document and keep a memory of my first climb. To me, this is one of those bucket list ticked off and I’m very happy for that! I’m going to share some of my favorite pictures from my hike. Here they are! 🙂
Here are the main details of Mt. Batolusong:
- Major Jump-off: Brgy. San Andres, Tanay, Rizal
- Elevation: 645 MASL/ 780 MASL/ 883 MASL
- Difficulty: 3/9; Minor climb; Trail class 1-3
- Features: Grassland slopes, views of Laguna, Rizal & Quezon
Source: Pinoy Mountaineer
How To Get There:
- From Aurora Blvd. Cubao, ride a jeepney going to Antipolo Cogeo and alight at Cogeo Gate 2 or Cogeo Public Market
- From there, you can ride a tricycle. Just let them know that you are going to Mt. Batolusong and they’ll drop you off on Brgy. Smpaloc. This might cost a lot more than the usual but if you’re on a budget, you can also ride a jeepney at Cogeo City Mall going to Barangay Sampaloc and drop off at San Andres.
- From there, ride a tricycle going to the jump off site.
To more mountains to climb!