Living in a fast-paced city with a day job and dealing with the everyday traffic not to mention the deadlines at work that you have to beat can get really stressful. It can be so draining that after a few hours of sleep at night, you’ll still find yourself waking up tired and grumpy.
Lately, I have been feeling stressed and it gets to a higher level each day. Thankfully, I kind of get the hang of it and turn my stress into something that would give me positive vibes.
In this post, I will share the things that I do to help me go about my stressful days. Check them out and let me know what’s on your lists too!
1. Write on a journal
My mind can get so clouded because I tend to think of a lot of things and it can get tiring. To help me organize my thoughts and release them, I write them down on my journal. It is an important part of my self-care and really helps in unloading the weight off my shoulders. You’ll be surprised on how relieving it could feel.
2. Spend time with my loved ones
Spending time with the people I love or people who are just naturally fun to be with lessens the stress i’m feeling. It is a breather for my chaotic mind.
3. Treat myself to something I love and enjoy
If I have been going through a stressful day and survived it, I treat myself to my favorite dessert or a massage.
When I sense that things are getting out of hand, I step back, pause and go for a walk. Walking is therapeutic to me. That 10 mins of walk makes all the difference.
Stressful days won’t last and you do not have to burden yourself with it by drowning deeper to the stress that surrounds you. I also list down some things that you can do to relieve stress.
- Do stuff that feels good – You may enjoy reading a book or doing creative activity like painting or just having a social media detox.
- Eat foods that reduces stress – Chocolates and fruits are some of the foods that helps in relieving stress.
- Exercise and Yoga – Take even a few minutes of your day to dedicating to exercise. This will surely enhance your mood.
- Prepare for the morning the night before – choose the outfit you will be wearing, prepare the ingredients for the breakfast that you’ll cook or simply listing down your to-do list for the next morning helps a lot.
- Listen to your favorite tunes
- Call a friend
- Watch your favorite film
- Burn some candles or essential oils
- Squeeze a stress ball
- Reflect and pray
Remember that stress is non-essential and it is not adding value to our lives. However, it is a natural occurrence. You just have to know how to dim it down.
Manage yourself, take a break and set aside your worries.
I wish you stress-free days ahead! 🙂